What can I do with Online Banking?
Currently, you can use Online Banking to:
- View account balances, transaction history and account details.
- Transfer funds between your ICICI Bank Canada Savings or Chequing account and up to three Chequing Accounts at any three Canadian banks (in the same currency as in your account with ICICI Bank Canada)
- Download your financial information for import to Microsoft Money.
- Download your statement from as far back as one year. You have the option to view this in various formats (on-screen, Word, Excel or Microsoft Money).
I would like to sign up for Online Banking. What do I need and how do I start?
When you open an account with us, you are automatically set up for Online Banking. You will receive a 10-digit Temporary Reference Number immediately. You would have to write a personal cheque payable to yourself, drawn on a Canadian financial institution as your initial deposit in the account, and mail it to ICICI Bank Canada, P.O. Box 396, Don Mills, ON M3C 2S7. Your Customer Identification (CIF) Number, which is your Online Banking User ID and your Online Banking Password would be sent to you in the mail once your cheque is cleared. Wherever necessary, the Bank may require two legible photocopies of identification documents attested by a Commissioner of Oaths or a guarantor (see approved identification documents and list of acceptable guarantors).
What are the minimum requirements I need for my computer?
Along with a computer that has Internet access, you'll also need a compatible Internet browser which must have a 128-bit encryption installed. We currently support the following Internet browsers:
· PC - Netscape Communicator 6.21 and 7.1, Internet Explorer 5.5 and above
· MAC - Netscape Communicator 6.2.1 and 7.1, Internet Explorer 5.1 and 5.2.
How long does it take to transfer funds between my accounts?
Transfers within ICICI Bank Canada accounts are done in real time, which means they happen immediately. Transfers to external linked accounts can take 2-3 business days. However, please note that money transfers into an ICICI Bank Canada account from external linked accounts are subject to a hold period. For our “Hold Funds Policy”, please refer to our Disclosure Statement.
Where can I get help on Online Banking?
On the login page, there is a comprehensive 'Help' function that provides detailed information on every page. We'll guide you through and also provide you with tips to make things easier.
You can always call us and speak to one of our Customer Service Specialists, toll-free at 1-888-ICICI-CA.
Why can't I see some text on the right side of the screen?
We recommend viewing your Online Banking session in a screen resolution of 800x600 pixels. To do this, go to Start in your Windows menu bar. Select Settings and then Control Panel. Double click on Display and select the Settings tab. In the section labelled Desktop area, adjust the bar until you see 800x600 pixels displayed just below the arrow. A resolution higher than this (1024x768 pixels) would also be fine although everything displayed would be smaller.
Why do I have a problem trying to log-on to Online Banking now, when I didn't have a problem earlier?
You may have to clear your browser's cache to help solve the problem.
For Internet Explorer browsers, go to Tools on the tool bar and select Internet Options. In the General tab under the section on Temporary Internet Files, click Delete files and OK. Close and reopen your browser. Then try to log-on to Online Banking again.
For Netscape browsers, go to Edit on the tool bar and select Preferences. Under the Categories list, click on the plus sign next to Advanced to open the sub-categories. Select Cache and click on the Clear Memory Cache button and then OK. Click on Clear Disk Cache and then OK. Finally click OK. Close and reopen your browser. Then try to log-on to Online Banking again.
Is Online Banking safe?
We take security seriously. Your financial information is protected by your Customer Identification (CIF) Number and Online Banking password. Our 128-bit encryption code and automatic time-out also ensures that your information is safe. Your CIF Number and Online Banking password must be entered each time you log-on to Online Banking. If there is no activity after 10 minutes, your Online Banking session is terminated to prevent unauthorized access.
For additional security, we recommend that you:
- Keep your Customer Identification (CIF) Number and Online Banking Password strictly confidential.
- Memorize your passwords and ensure that you DO NOT write or store them in the computer hard disk, diskettes or other insecure devices.
- Disable the Auto-complete function on your browser to avoid the automatic completion of your CIF Number and Online Banking Password as you type them in.
- Change your passwords on a regular basis (at least once every 30 days).
- Ensure that the browser and application software used is upgraded to support 128-bit encryption or a higher encryption standard.
- Check the bottom right corner of the screen for a secure symbol of either a lock or a key. This should appear whenever you are logged on to Online Banking. If you suspect any unusual account activity or that your password confidentiality has been compromised, please change your password immediately and contact our Online Banking Support.
- Ensure all other Internet sessions, i.e. browser windows, are closed before you log-on to Online Banking.
- Log out properly (by clicking on log out instead of simply closing the window with the x on the top right corner of the screen) from your Online Banking session before visiting other websites.
- Remember to close the browser window after you have logged out of your Online Banking session.
- Download and apply security updates and patches whenever these are made available by your computer or browser vendor as these are designed to provide you with protection from possible security problems.
Click here to check browser security to use ICICI Bank Canada's Online Banking.
Why do I need to accept "cookies" to access my financial information online?
A cookie is a text file that resides on your computer. In order to provide a better, stable and secure service, Online Banking uses two types of cookies as part of the interaction between your browser and the Online Banking Service:
“A Persistent Cookie” is used infrequently throughout the year, to provide usage information on specific functions contained on our Online Banking Application. This cookie only tracks usage and does not contain any customer-related information.
A "Per-session Cookie" assigns a session ID when you log-on and stores it in your PC’s temporary memory (RAM). This session ID is used to establish and validate your PC during your Online Banking session. When you log-off Online Banking, the ‘Per-session Cookie” is removed. Per-session cookies do not contain any customer-related information.
If your browser prompts you when a cookie is "served", you must accept it in order to access Online Banking. Since cookies are site specific, only ICICI Bank can access, decode and make use of the information.