Application process for Students GIC program
1. Register for the ICICI Bank Secure Email Service
- In order to initiate the application process, you will first need to register for the ICICI Bank Canada Secure Email Service, Click on Register Now button below, enter your personal email id in the email box and click Register. We will email you a temporary password to your personal email id. Your registration is complete.
- Once you have registered with us, you need to login to your Secure Email account by clicking on Sign-in button below. Enter your personal email id and the temporary password. You will be then prompted to set your permanent password for your future logins to the secure email account.
- You need to use this Secure Email account for all communications with us as well as for the submission of your application for the “ICICI Bank Canada Student GIC Program”
2. Submit an application
- Upon successful registration, you will receive an e-mail on your Secure Email containing links to the Student GIC Program Guide and the Application form, with instructions on filling and submitting your application. The Application form would be in a fillable PDF format.
- Please carefully read the Student GIC Program Guide to ensure you’re filling out your application correctly and completely.
- The completed application can be submitted through this Secure Email Service or in-person at a designated ICICI Bank Limited branch in India.
- When submitting your application through the Secure Email Service, hit “New mail” and mention subject line as mentioned in Application form. Please ensure that you attach scanned copies of all required documents along with the completed application form.
Note: When you register for the ICICI Bank Canada Secure Email Service, use the same email address that you will provide on your ICICI Bank Student GIC Program Application.
Once we receive your application, it will take us approximately 5 business days to process it, following which we will notify you of your application status, and provide your ICICI Bank Canada Investment Account Number, if approved. Please keep this information handy as you will need it to wire funds to ICICI Bank Canada from your bank in India.
3. Transfer funds
You must wire transfer $10,150 CAD from your bank in India to ICICI Bank Canada ($10,000 CAD will be deposited to your Student Investment Account and the remaining $150 CAD is the program fee). Please advise your bank in India that ICICI Bank Canada must receive $10,150 CAD in full and any additional charges/fees should be paid by you separately.
Please note that international wire transfers may take 5 (or more) business days to reach ICICI Bank Canada.
Once you have transferred the funds, please inform us through the Secure Email Service. Upon receipt of your funds, we will send you an Investment Balance Confirmation through the same secure channel. A printed copy will also be posted to you at the communication address provided by you in the application form.
- Please ensure the subject line of your mail is filled out as follows: ICICI SGP – your full name (Given/First and Surname/Last) – your passport number – Investment Confirmation Request
We recommend that you print a copy of the Investment Balance Confirmation for your records, as all communications sent through the ICICI Bank Canada Secure Email Service will be automatically deleted after 180 calendar days.
4. Apply for a Visa / Study Permit
Please refer to Canadian Visa office guidelines and the VFS website for study permit application submission dates for each session intake.
It is essential to attach a copy of your Investment Balance Confirmation with your study permit application when submitting to the Canadian visa office in India.
5. Arrive in Canada
Please visit any ICICI Bank Canada branch upon your arrival in Canada to set up a personal account and complete the registration process.
Once complete, we will transfer funds from your Student Investment account to your personal account and set-up the GIC, as follows:
- $2,000 CAD plus any accrued interest will be deposited into your personal account; and
- $8,000 CAD will be deposited into a 1-year fixed term GIC. The GIC principal amount and interest will be automatically deposited into your personal account in 12 equal monthly payments