Application process for Students GIC program
1. Register for the ICICI Bank Secure Email Service
To initiate the application process, please register for the ICICI Bank Canada Secure Email Service as follows:
- Click on the ‘Register Now’ option below. Then enter your email address in the field provided and click ‘Register’.
- A temporary password will be emailed to you.
- Return to this page and click on ‘Sign In’ below then enter the email address that you registered with as your username, and the temporary password you received. You will be prompted to enter a new password of your choice for your future logins to the secure email account.
Note: You will be required to provide your email address in your application form. Please use the same email address to register for our Secure Email Service.
2. Submit an application
Upon successful registration of a secure email account, you will receive an email containing links to the Student GIC Program Guide and application form. Read the Student GIC Program Guide carefully to ensure that your application is completed entirely and correctly.
Currently, we offer two options to submit your application.
Option 1: Online Mode
- Complete the application form online and submit it along with a scanned copy of your passport and proof of enrollment (if available).
- An account number for your Student Investment Account will be generated and provided to you instantly on screen, as well as through a confirmation email. You will then be able to transfer funds to ICICI Bank Canada from your bank account in India.
Option 2: Offline Mode
- Download, complete, sign and date the application form.
- The completed application can be submitted in two ways:
- By email through our Secure Email Service:
- Log in and click on “My application”.
- Fill in the subject line as follows: ICICI SGP – full name (given/first name and surname/last name) – your passport number – Application Request.
- Scan and attach the completed application form along with all required documents.
The application will be processed in approximately 5 business days.
We will notify you upon approval of your application status and provide you with your Student Investment Account Number. Please keep this information handy as you will need it when you transfer funds to ICICI Bank Canada from your bank in India.
- Submit your completed application to a designated ICICI Bank Limited branch in India, along with a copy of your passport and proof of enrollment if available.
- By email through our Secure Email Service:
3. Transfer funds
Complete a wire transfer $10,150 CAD from your bank in India to ICICI Bank Canada ($10,000 CAD will be deposited to your Student Investment Account and the remaining $150 CAD is the program fee).
- We must receive $10,150 CAD in full. Any additional charges/fees should be paid by you separately. We recommend that you include an additional amount of $25 CAD to cover the intermediate bank charges.
- International wire transfers may take 5 business days (or more) to reach ICICI Bank Canada.
Once you have transferred the funds, please inform us through our Secure Email Service. The subject line of your email should be as follows: ICICI SGP – your full name (given/first name and surname/last name) – your passport number – Investment Confirmation Request
Upon receipt of your funds, an Investment Balance Confirmation will be sent to you through the same secure channel. We recommend that you print a copy of this confirmation for your records, as all communications sent through our Secure Email Service will be deleted automatically after 180 calendar days.
Applying for a Visa / Study Permit - It is important to attach a copy of the Investment Balance Confirmation with your study permit application when submitting it to the Canadian Visa office in India. Please refer to the Canadian Visa office guidelines and the VFS website for study permit application submission dates for each session intake.
4. Apply for a Visa / Study Permit
Upon booking your flights to Canada, please call our Customer Contact Centre and provide your arrival information. Our toll-free numbers are 1-800-200-3340 when calling from India and 1-888-424-2422 for calls within Canada.
After your arrival in Canada, you are required to visit any ICICI Bank Canada branch to set up a personal account or call our Customer Contact Centre to inform us of your arrival. We will transfer funds from your Student Investment Account to your personal account and GIC account, as follows:
- $2,000 CAD plus any accrued interest will be deposited into your personal account.
- $8,000 CAD will be invested in a 1-year fixed term GIC. The GIC principal amount and interest will be deposited into your personal account automatically in 12 equal monthly payments.