Login Rates & Charges Events and Offers
Get In touch
Safe Banking ›Payment Card
Safe Card Payment
Payment card refers to debit and credit cards.
Tips To Remember When You Receive Your Payment Card
- Always keep your payment card in a safe place, just as you would take care of cash and cheque books.
- Sign in the signature panel on your payment card as soon as you receive it.
- Never write down your PIN (personal identification number) anywhere. Memorize it.
- If you receive a replacement card, be sure to destroy your old payment card by cutting it into four and discard the pieces.
Tips To Remember When Transacting At The ABM
- Ensure that no one sees you enter your PIN (personal identification number).
- Never allow a stranger to assist you while using an ABM.
- After completing your transaction, secure your payment card and cash immediately. Always count your cash before leaving the ABM area and not outside it.
- Do not leave your transaction record at the ABM. Shred it before discarding it.
- Change your ABM PIN frequently (a minimum of once a month is recommended),
Tips To Remember When Using Your Payment Card For Shopping
- Use your payment card with merchants that you know and can trust. Always ensure that the payment card is visible to you when completing a transaction.
- Make sure that your payment card is returned to you after completing a purchase; and ensure that the payment card that has been returned is your own.
- After a purchase, always take your charge slip(s) with you and tear up any carbon copies.
- Check receipts against your monthly billing statements to verify your payment card transaction(s). Report any unauthorized transaction(s) immediately to the Bank.
- Once you have reconciled your account statements, tear up all charge slips and discard them.
Please call us toll-free at 1-888-424-2422 or visit one of our branches:
- if your payment card is stolen/lost;
- if your payment card doesn't function or you need a replacement card; or
- to report unauthorized transaction(s).