Activating your student account is easy with our customized mobile app.
You may complete the application through our mobile app. Alternatively, you can also complete and submit it online:
|Download the ‘ICICI Bank Canada SPP App’ from the Android or Apple app stores.
||Click here if you are submitting the application on a laptop/desktop.
Next steps after downloading the app:
While you are in India - Confirm receipt of your debit card and update us with your travel plans.
Upon your arrival in Canada -
- Complete the activation form online or through the mobile app and upload the required identification documents,
- Complete your in-person verification by visiting any ICICI Bank Canada branch or any of our authorized partner’s across Canada,
- Upon completion of verification, we will convert your student account to a personal chequing account and open a new GIC account to transfer the money, as follows:
- $8,000 will be invested in a 1-year fixed term GIC. (The principal amount and interest earned will be deposited into your personal chequing account automatically in 12 equal monthly installments.)
- The balance amount available will be retained in your personal chequing account
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact ICICI Bank Canada:
All amounts are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise indicated.