Steps to Activate your Student Account
Activating your student account is easy with our customized mobile app.
You may complete the application through our mobile app. Alternatively, you can also complete and submit it online:
|Download the ‘ICICI Bank Canada SPP App’ from the Android or Apple app stores.
||Click here if you are submitting the application on a laptop/desktop.
Next steps after downloading the app:
While you are in India - Update us with your travel plans.
Upon your arrival in Canada -
- Complete the activation form online or through the mobile app and upload the required identification documents,
- On page 3, you now have a choice of opening an account with Royal Bank of Canada or you can continue with your Activation application with ICICI Bank Canada
When choosing Royal Bank Canada (RBC), the following steps apply.
Complete the form and submit the activation application with ICICI Bank Canada.
You will receive instructions for opening an account with Royal Bank of Canada in your secure mailbox.
Please check your secure mailbox for the email and Referral Document attached.
Follow the steps carefully to successfully link your ICICI Bank Canada GIC with your Royal Bank of Canada account.
- When choosing ICICI Bank Canada, complete online KYC or in-person verification by visiting any ICICI Bank Canada branch or any of our authorized partners across Canada.
- Depending upon your banking preference, we will convert your student account to ICICI Bank Canada Basic Chequing Account or Remittance Account and open a new GIC account to transfer the money, as follows:
- $8,000 will be invested in a 1-year fixed-term GIC. (The principal amount and interest earned will be deposited into your ICICI Bank Canada Basic Chequing Account or Royal Bank of Canada account automatically in 12 equal monthly installments.)
- The balance amount available will be retained in your ICICI Bank Canada Basic Chequing Account or sent to your Royal Bank of Canada account.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact ICICI Bank Canada:
All amounts are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise indicated.