Steps to Activate your Student Account
Activating your student account is easy with our customized mobile app.
You may complete the application through our mobile app. Alternatively, you can also complete and submit it online:
|Download the ‘ICICI Bank Canada SPP App’ from the Android or Apple app stores.
||Click here if you are submitting the application on a laptop/desktop.
Next steps after downloading the app:
While you are in India - Confirm receipt of your debit card and update us with your travel plans.
Upon your arrival in Canada -
- Complete the activation form online or through the mobile app and upload the required identification documents,
- Complete your in-person verification by visiting any ICICI Bank Canada branch or any of our authorized partner’s across Canada,
- Upon completion of verification, we will convert your student account to a personal chequing account and open a new GIC account to transfer the money, as follows:
- $8,000 will be invested in a 1-year fixed term GIC. (The principal amount and interest earned will be deposited into your personal chequing account automatically in 12 equal monthly installments.)
- The balance amount available will be retained in your personal chequing account
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact ICICI Bank Canada:
All amounts are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise indicated.