Safe Card Payment
Tips To Remember When You Receive Your Payment Card
- Always keep your payment card in a safe place, just as you would take care of cash and cheque books.
- Sign in the signature panel on your payment card as soon as you receive it.
- Never write down your PIN (personal identification number) anywhere. Memorize it.
- If you receive a replacement card, be sure to destroy your old payment card by cutting it into four and discard the pieces.
Tips To Remember When Transacting At The ABM
- Ensure that no one sees you enter your PIN (personal identification number).
- Never allow a stranger to assist you while using an ABM.
- After completing your transaction, secure your payment card and cash immediately. Always count your cash before leaving the ABM area and not outside it.
- Do not leave your transaction record at the ABM. Shred it before discarding it.
- Change your ABM PIN frequently (a minimum of once a month is recommended),
Tips To Remember When Using Your Payment Card For Shopping
- Use your payment card with merchants that you know and can trust. Always ensure that the payment card is visible to you when completing a transaction.
- Make sure that your payment card is returned to you after completing a purchase; and ensure that the payment card that has been returned is your own.
- After a purchase, always take your charge slip(s) with you and tear up any carbon copies.
- Check receipts against your monthly billing statements to verify your payment card transaction(s). Report any unauthorized transaction(s) immediately to the Bank.
- Once you have reconciled your account statements, tear up all charge slips and discard them.
Please call us toll-free at 1-888-424-2422 or visit one of our branches:
- if your payment card is stolen/lost;
- if your payment card doesn't function or you need a replacement card; or
- to report unauthorized transaction(s).