Safe Cheque Book Tips
Cheque Book Safety Measures:
Tips To Keep Your Cheque Book Safe
- Record all details of cheques issued.
- Do not leave your cheque book unattended. Always keep it in a safe place,
- Whenever you receive your cheque book, please count the number of cheques in it. If there is a discrepancy, bring it to the notice of the Bank immediately.
- Verify serial continuity of the cheque numbers. If there is a discrepancy, bring it to the notice of the Bank immediately.
- Inform the Bank immediately if you lose/misplaced your cheque book, a cheque or a requisition slip.
Tips To Write A Cheque Correctly
- Do not sign blank cheques. Always fill in the date, the name of the receiver and the amount before signing the cheque.
- Always draw a line through any unused space.
- Never sign in multiple places unless authenticating a change.
- Avoid using cheques with errors or spelling mistakes on them. Issue a new cheque if possible.
- When you cancel a cheque, mutilate the MICR band and write “CANCEL” across the face of the cheque
- Do not write/sign/mark/pin/staple/paste/fold on the MICR band.
- Unused requisition slips should be destroyed or returned to the bank.
- Use the transaction sheet to record details of cheques issued by you.